Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Baby Watch Update

Sunday we got a call that April "lost her mucous plug" (gack on that term) and that with her last two pregnancies she delivered within a week of losing it. She had her doctor's appointment today and was told the baby needed to come down some more. He didn't say anything about being dilated or not. She asked to be induced and he told her he wasn't comfortable with it. He said that he expected her to deliver before her appointment next week (on July 1 - her due date) but if she hadn't delivered her would talk to her about inducing then. So we are patiently (yeah, right) waiting here.

I don't know if I mentioned before that my parents are living with us right now. They put their house on the market because they kindly offered to live in our house while we were in Kuwait. They received an offer on their house 10 days after they put it on the market and closed on June 5. We STILL don't know if we are going to Kuwait but now it seems more likely we won't go. I have really enjoyed having them here as has my husband. We are lucky that we have a house that seems to accommodate 2 families very well. My dad has been doing a lot of the cooking and grocery shopping, which has been great and I have really enjoyed the company. Also, having my mom here when I bring home a newborn won't be a bad thing. I am hoping we don't go to Kuwait because that would be my preference because of having a newborn and all. If we do get the offer then it will be the 3 of us off on our Arabian Adventure.

My mom told me yesterday that she felt like it was me that was expecting because we are all uptight every time the phone rings. It's like you get this build up and then a let down. It's been pretty crazy around here although yesterday I was so bored I almost slipped into a coma. Today I have some errands to run and some activities to keep me busy. Tomorrow I am getting my color done (see ya gray hair) and some highlights. Anyone want to bet that I get the call when I have a head full of tin foil? Anyone want to hazard a guess on what day they think the baby will be born? Earlier this week I was really "feeling" it was going to be Thursday or Friday but today I am not getting anything. I guess my signals must be jammed. I think it would be awesome if she was born on Friday (June 26th) because it would be the same day that our referral from Vietnam was born, just two years later. That would be pretty cool.

Edited to add: What's up with all the italics today?

3 comments:

  1. My guess...baby will be here on Friday. Fingers crossed! Awesome the parents are with you...it will definitely be a huge help when baby girl comes home (do we have a name? "we"...how'd ya like that?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to make you wait, but I'm guessing Saturday, June 27. That way the dr will be inconvienenced by a weekend delivery ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, my guess is Friday and she'll weight 6.5 lbs and be 20 inches long! You'll spend July 4th in Orlando and watch the fireworks from Disney!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete