Monday, May 18, 2009

It's A Match

Wow. Am I a crappy blogger, or what? So sorry for the long breaks. I should either do it or don't, for goodness sakes. At least I am back with some good news.


My husband and I were matched with an expectant mom in Florida who is due with a biracial (cc/aa) baby girl on July 1st. We are flying to Florida this weekend to meet her and have dinner. I am excited, apprehensive and a feeling a little more than jaded. Certainly not with domestic adoption specifically as this is our first match and so far, everything has gone as it should, but with just adoption in general. I have the feeling of been there, done that, waited before, lost a referral, lost money, emotional drain, yada, yada, yada. I am not consciously trying to protect myself I just feel kind of numb. I just can't seem to work up a lot of "feeling" right now. I am really hoping that after our meeting with her I will get that buzz. The excitement and nervousness and mental planning and shopping! Believe or not, after all the shopping I did in anticipation of our first adoption, there are LOTS of things we need. I didn't by any clothes for a baby under 6 months of age and we don't have anything practical like a car seat, stroller, bottles or diapers! I still haven't bought much and want to wait until I "know" it's going to happen but that just isn't practical.


So here we are. Waiting again. I feel kind of sad that I'm not climbing the walls with excitement and nervousness. I know that feeling will come eventually and I am very much looking forward to counting down the weeks, days and minutes until she goes into labor and flipping out every time the phone rings wondering if it's "the call". I can't even imagine how long the flight is going to feel! Wow. Actually, just thinking about all of that makes me feel more excited. See, blogging is good!

Thanks for reading.

4 comments:

  1. SOOO excited for you! Congrats...you'll be in our thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! We'll be praying for a nice smooth process this time around...Lord knows you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is incredible!! I look forward to hearing how your meeting goes. Blogging does the body (and mind) good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. E-
    so glad to have found you again!! congrats on the match!
    Hope that someday soon, you will be able to take a deep breath and feel the joy + excitement of this special news. Your baby girl awaits you.

    J (http://onelongadventure.wordpress.com )

    ReplyDelete