Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Meeting

Our meeting with the expectant mom went very, very well. She seemed like someone I would be friends with anyway. I really liked her "energy" and got a good feeling from her. At this point she doesn't seem very interested in contact except pictures and letters through the agency. Whatever works for her works for us. She thinks that she will deliver the baby before July 1. She says that she feels bigger than she has with her other pregnancies so she thinks she is farther along. She feels like it will be sometime in the last few weeks of June. Her last labor only lasted about an hour (!) so I doubt we will be able to make it in time for the delivery. She is worried she is going to have the baby in the car on the way to the hospital! Luckily, she lives very close so hopefully she won't panic too much once her contractions start.

She brought us pictures from her ultrasound. She looks pretty good to me, for an alien!


I am feeling very good about her, as a person, and the reasons she is choosing adoption for this baby. I am holding all of it in a positive light and know in my heart that it will work out like it's supposed to.

3 comments:

  1. I think you have a beautiful alien! lol Seriously though, I wish you the best and I'll be praying for you and her!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...so cute! So she is a SHE! Maybe you mentioned that in the last post but I didn't catch it. I'm so thrilled that the meeting went so well...we'll be praying that everything works out for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so excited for you! I'm glad the meeting went well and I'll keep you all in my prayers as well!

    ReplyDelete