Sunday, July 5, 2009

Finally!

Quinn was WAY too independent to share a birthday with a stinkin' national holiday so she waited until today to be born. She was born at 8:13 a.m. weighing 8 pounds and 4.25 ounces and she is 21 inches long. We were able to be in the delivery room with April and I actually got to cut the cord. Poor Shon almost passed out twice (hence me cutting the cord). She is healthy (although they predict jaundice because of some positive test though she isn't showing signs yet) and has all the appropriate parts, including a full head of hair. She already looks different than these pictures that I took this morning.

April is amazing. She gave birth without one drop of any kind of drugs and didn't let out one single scream. She is in a little pain but didn't need an episiotomy so she doesn't have any stitches. She seems in good spirits and has referred to us as "the parents" already. The next 48 hours (until she can sign consents) will probably be some of the longest of our lives although the last few have gone by pretty darn fast.

I will write a little more coherently later. I am going to take a nap and then head back to the hospital for a few hours.

9 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Finally, your day has arrived...along with YOUR BABY!! I could not be happier for you. She's absolutely beautiful, and I can't wait to see more of her precious face. Hint, hint... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!! This is a great day to be born. I was 38 years ago. She is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!!!!!! Oh, I'm so excited for you! So awesome! She's a doll! Congratulations! HUGS to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. e-
    I am utterly, and completely speechless :) This day. This. Day. e! WOW! Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl!!
    Big, big hugs from me to you my dear PT4 friend! :)
    JenB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS E!!!!!!!! I am so very, very happy for you, she is lovely! I am just thrilled for you!HOORAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations! so so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dying for an update here! Hope the 48 hour mark came and went and you're too busy snuggling with sweet Quinn to post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I will admit it...I am stalking your blog for new pictures and news...
    :) Tamara

    ReplyDelete